Eurail Global Pass
The most flexible way to travel in 33 countries
Explore Europe with ease and enjoy more freedom than ever with a mobile Pass, delivered to your phone.
- Travel up to 11 months later, no need to choose a start date until you're ready to travel.
- Travel in any of the 33 countries included in your Global Pass.
Conditions of this Eurail Pass
- General conditions for everyone
- Only non-European residents can travel with a Eurail Pass. If you’re a European resident you can travel with an Interrail Pass.
- Most high-speed and night trains require a reservation at an additional cost.
- 1st class Passes are valid in both 1st and 2nd class coaches. 2nd class Passes are only valid in 2nd class coaches.
- You need to activate your Eurail Pass within 11 months of the issue date. You can do this online using our free activation service at checkout, or once you've received your Pass at a European train station.
- All standard Eurail Passes are refundable or exchangeable if they are returned unused. Read our full Booking Conditions on Eurail.com.
- Additional conditions about our promotional Passes
- Promotional Eurail Passes are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
- Additional conditions for Youth travelers
- To travel with a discounted Youth Pass, you must be aged from 12 up to and including 27 on the start date of the Eurail Pass.
- Additional conditions for Adults with Children
- Children under 4 travel for free and do not need a Eurail Pass. You may be asked to sit a child under 4 on your lap during busy times.
- Children aged 4 to 11 travel for free with a Child Pass. A child must be accompanied at all times by at least one person with an Adult Pass. This doesn’t have to be a family member and can be anyone over 18.
- Up to 2 children can travel with 1 adult. For example, when 2 adults are traveling, they can take 4 children with them. If more than 2 children are traveling with 1 adult, a separate Youth Pass must be purchased for each additional child.
- Children under 12 travel in the same travel class as the accompanying adult.
- Travelers aged 12 to 27 can travel with a Youth Pass.
You can buy a Eurail Global Pass without a preselected start date and travel any time up to 11 months after you buy. It's easy to start your trip's momentum by getting transportation checked off your list.
If you're travelling with a Eurail Global Pass, you can change things up at a moment's notice and take a different route if you like. Maybe you know you want to travel through Europe, but you don't know where yet or you want to be able to choose as you go. The Interrail Global Pass has you covered.
Flexible Exchanges and Cancellations
Sometimes, situations outside our control can get in the way of our travels. That's why Eurail has flexible exchange and return policies that let you book with confidence.