Stena Line Ferry
Stena Line connects Great Britain (England, Scotland, Wales) with Ireland (Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland), as well as operating a route from Great Britain to the Netherlands. This ferry company provides a great travel option to reach mainland Europe from Great Britain and Ireland. Set sail on one of the most convenient ferry lines in Europe. As the European landscape spreads out before you, experience a smooth ride across the busiest shores of Europe.
Stena Line ferry routes
Stena Line operate the following ferry lines between the Republic of Ireland, Great Britain, France, and the Netherlands:
- Dublin (Ireland) - Holyhead (Wales)
- Rosslare (Ireland) - Fishguard (Wales)
- Belfast (Northern Ireland) - Cairnryan (Scotland)
- Belfast (Northern Ireland) - Liverpool (England)
- Rosslare (Ireland) - Cherbourg (France)
- Hook of Holland (Netherlands) - Harwich (England)
Stena Line also operates ferry lines between Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Poland and Latvia:
- Nynäshamn (Sweden) – Ventspils (Latvia)
- Karlskrona (Sweden) – Gdynia (Poland)
- Varberg (Sweden) – Grenaa (Denmark)
- Gothenburg (Sweden) - Frederikshavn (Denmark)
- Gothenburg (Sweden) - Kiel (Germany)
- Trelleborg (Sweden) - Rostock (Germany)
- Trelleborg (Sweden) - Sassnitz (Germany)
- Travemünde (Germany) - Liepaja (Latvia)
- Fredrikshaven (Denmark) - Oslo (Norway)
- Grenå (Denmark) - Halmstad (Sweden)
Facilities and services
- Business lounge
- Children's play area
- Disabled facilities
- Power sockets
- Self-service restaurant
- Tax and duty-free shop
- WiFi internet
Facilities may differ per ferry and route.
Discounts for Eurail pass holders
Eurail pass holders get a 30% discount on foot passenger fares.
Reservations are compulsory and can be made either:
- At the port, upon presentation of a valid Eurail Pass.
- Online with the discount code 'EURAIL', via the Stena Line website.
- By phone: +44 (0)8445 762 762 (UK routes), +353 (0)1907 5388 (Irish routes).
You'll need to present your Eurail pass when boarding.
More info at the Stena Line website.
Rosslare – Fishguard: 3 hours 30 min, 2 daily sailings
Dublin - Holyhead: 3 hours 15 min, 4 daily sailings
Belfast – Cairnryan: 2 hours 15 min, 6 daily sailings
Belfast – Liverpool: 8 hours, 2 daily sailings (1 on Monday)
Hoek Van Holland (The Netherlands) – Harwich (UK) 6 hours 30 min, 2 daily sailings